I know, I know... I've really been harping on the weather lately. However, I have good reason, or at least I think I do. When I come across a post like THIS (click) and see all the lovely pictures of greenery and blossoms, and then I look out my window and see the scene here (see my previous post), I think I have a right to grumble a little. Yes, Paulette (at the link above) certainly has it swell, and the only difference? She is on the West side of the Rocky Mountains and we are not.
Mr. Confessions made a trip out to our property last weekend to check up on things and make room for the framing package to arrive this week. The truss system was delivered some time ago, but it's hard to tell what exactly it is under all that white stuff.
The community where our property is located has a snow plowing service so that people can access their cabins and homes year round. Thank heaven there IS snow removal, I can't imagine trying to get through the winding roads otherwise!
It is certainly lovely. Imagine the quiet. Tall, thick trees dense with heavy snow. Fresh, crisp air to clear your lungs from being cooped up in the house too long. Likely a crow or other song bird twittering by now and then. But that's it. Silence in the snow.
We aren't exactly sure where the next truckload of lumber will be dropped off. Mr. Confessions said that trying to make it around the foundation was treacherous with snow up to his thighs! I bet our fox has found a nice sleeping place for the winter, who would want to make their way out in all that snow with 12" legs!
Maybe one of you has a favourite song or poem to hurry the spring along? It would sure be nice if you could breathe a breath of it in this direction to remind the fair greenery of spring what exactly it is supposed to be doing right now!
Heather
5 comments:
I sure feel your 'pain'...we had about 5" of heavy, wet snow yesterday in North Dakota, but even more out of town in rural areas..they got 14"! And on April 15th, no less...uff dah!
I empathise Heather I really do! I checked out the post from over the mountains and I see exactly what you mean LOL!!! I know it's not funny, but hey!!, you remember that 90 day thingy, I have it noted on my calender and when the time comes and I'll definitely check in with you then LOL!!!!
Just to make you feel better we have rain here today! but that was after a magnificant week of glorious sunshine (not rubbing it in LOL!!!) Enjoy your weekend!!!!
i have been noticing a lot of spring blossoms within other blog posts too. i'm sure glad it's warm enough to do that somewhere cuz it sure aint happenin here just yet. we have crocus flowering and a few green shoots of daffodils emerging so it won't be too much longer (i hope). although we haven't gotten any recent heavy snowfalls we have been getting a lot of cold wind and itty bitty bitey snowflakes with a semi sunny day thrown in about every third or fourth day. spring is getting here but it's sure taking it's time.
seeing all of your snow makes me realize it could be a whole lot worse.
:-)
libbyQ
Oh Heather, you're right - it is much worse than our weather in Illinois! But sooo pretty, LOL. It will melt soon.
The spring will come. Truly it will, but I'm so sorry that it's dragging its feet so badly right now for you. When we've been looking at April on our calendars for a week or two, there should be green showing when we look out out windows.
I'll be wishing for you gentle breezes, warm sunlight on your face, and a quick (no flooding please) disappearance of that white frozen stuff.
Post a Comment