Pages

creative confessions

05 May 2011

I'm Honoured! A Blog Award!

I didn't really realize that there was such a thing, but apparently there is!  Kerrie from in my sewing room has chosen me to receive the Versatile Blogger Award!  Thank you Kerrie!  It was a blessing and a surprise in my day!  It sort of works like the old fashioned friendship chain letter in that I now get to choose some bloggers who I feel also suit this award too.


This is how the award works:
The Versatile Blogger Award rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post
2. Tell 7 things about yourself that others might not know about you
3. Pass along the award to 15 newly discovered bloggers (I'm going with 5 )
4. Contact these bloggers to let them know they’ve received the award

So, without further ado, I'll get on with the seven things about me:

Number One
I love driving a minivan.  We own a Toyota Sienna that we bought as the 2nd owners last fall.  It is fully loaded and I am still figuring out some of the options!  Two weeks ago I could hear a window open and couldn't figure out how to close it or even which it was...  It turned out there was a button on the dash that electronically opens the rear-most windows to vent air and I had to find the button in order to shut them again.

Number Two
I am a church-goer and Christ-follower.  I don't really like using the word Christian because it brings so many loaded feelings to the table, but essentially I am a Bible-believing, Christ-following, God-loving gal who has been so for 17 years.  I try my best to wholly follow what the Bible says and know what/why I believe what I believe by reading it as regularly as I can manage.

Number Three
My favourite movie is Little Women (the Wynona Ryder one is the copy I own to watch over and over).  So many things are lovely about the story and the movie touches my heart with the dolls, quilts, clothes, language and scenery.  I also enjoy Sense & Sensibility, The Holiday, and (as silly as it may be) Nanny McPhee.

Number Four
I have been to 2/3 of the American states on their East coast.  The five that I have not made it to yet are: New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, Delaware, and South Carolina.  The ones I can check off my list are: Maine, Vermont, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.

Number Five
I enjoy reading books on my Kindle.  Not much of an explanation needed for this one.  After researching all the different eReaders out there, this one seemed to be the best option for me.

Number Six
I love to paint my toenails a bright, fun splash of colour during the sandal-wearing months of our province.  Dark pinks, red, burgundy, and sometimes blue are my favourites.

Number Seven
I really enjoy giving unique gifts.  Almost to a fault.  It's hard for me to go out shopping and not see things that I know someone I know would like - family, friends, church acquaintances, fellow bloggers, folks I have met through Yahoo groups, and whoever else is in the list of people I have been in contact with.

And the blogs I have forwarded on the Versatile Blogger Award to are:
and
Christine at Once Upon A Quilt

Thank you again Kerrie!
Heather

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It is great to learn a bit more about you Heather! Thanks for sharing! I also love the book Little Women! If you like Jane Austen may I reccommend "A Walk with Jane Austen" by Lori Smith. I read it on my Kindel and quit enjoyed it! Happy quilting!

Carrie P. said...

thanks for including me in your list of honorees.
Enjoyed reading more about you.

Merilyn said...

Congratulations on your award Heather!!! Nice to know a little more about you!!!! Have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved reading your post and congratulations and thank you for being so kind to pass one on to me.

Happy stitching
Christine

sandra said...

Congratulations, I haven't been following you to long but I have enjoyed your blog and also the fact that you are a Canadian. I too really enjoy retirement and quilting and wish everything else could be done by someone else so I could just quilt.

GailM. said...

Hey, thanks for listing me for this blog award - or NOT. ha ha.... I've got blogs done for a couple of days but will officially thank you and reciprocate later in the week. It was fun reading more about you.