Pages

creative confessions

16 February 2011

One Flower Wednesday - February 16


Wait a minute!  That's not a hexagon, that's a pile of fabric bits!  Where's the pretty flower?  Munched up by the wicked Rotary Queen or snipped to shreds by some crazy scissor-a-holic?  No, no, fear not...


... All is well in hexiland.  The pile of bits is just evidence of preparations for more hexi happiness.  Last night I watched some mindless TV and glue-basted, cut, and prepared my way to several more weeks of flowering fun for my hexagon garden.  I even started to try and figure out what to do with these little things...  Still no idea on that front, but I'll keep you posted if some epiphany arrives at 3am (in the fashion my thesis topic for my 4th year undergrad dissertation).

Happy stitching!
Heather

8 comments:

Birdie said...

Love it, that's the way some of my hexies come to life too. Nice fabric

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

It's always great to have petals waiting - makes and easy project to pick up. Looks like some pretty flowers will be made soon!

Yankee Valley Stitcher said...

How many of those little hexie flowers do you have now? Am I allowed to ask that? heehee

Merilyn said...

Love hexies too, I have just received some small hexie cardboard templates to make one of Kathy Tracy's mini hexie quilts, they are such fun to make!!! Look forward to seeing what you create with yours!!!

Cheryl said...

Have not caught the hexie bug yet; but the more I see of them, the more tempted I get!

Karen said...

That was close! Glad to see something good came of it! ;)

Wendy said...

Nice soft colors...very cute!

Sinta Renee said...

Now I want to know what your thesis was... and have you seen the cute pillows made with hex's? Or the bulletin board from Blackbird Designs???