Pages

creative confessions

13 July 2011

Anniversary Celebration!

Today is a special day for me.  I can remember this day nine years ago like it was yesterday.  All the plans, all the people, all the preparing...  And a beautiful day to remember.  In the early afternoon on July 13, 2002 I married my very own Prince Charming and he is still my darling to this day.  


So, like I said in my post last week, it's time for another giveaway!  And this time, as previously mentioned, it's all about Jo Morton!



I sure had fun collecting things for this giveaway.  I decided I would have a Jo Morton themed giveaway this summer some months ago and have been collecting a few items since then.  The first on the list is this gorgeous basket book.  I had a hard time parting with it, but I know that it will be just as at home with the winner as it is here.  It is an oldie but a goodie originally published in 2001.


Next we have a set of coordinating fat quarters to add to your Jo stash - or start one!  They are Canadian fat quarters cut at 20" wide instead of 18" and they will be perfect added into a project or for you to make something with them alone.


And then...  My most favourite part...  The BH&G quilting magazine that features a tour of Jo's home and studio and a private interview with her.  Not only that, but she designed a courthouse steps quilt as a special feature in the magazine.  It is beautiful and a thrill to make.  I am loving every bit of making mine!  Included is a copy of the magazine, the red fabric for the center squares of each block, and a few 1" strips to get you going.

To enter, it's the same deal as always, just leave a comment.  If you are not a follower but would like to be, please go ahead, but it is not a requirement to enter.  MAKE SURE there is a method for me to contact you.  If you are a "no reply" commenter with no method to contact you, your entry will not qualify for the draw.  If you would like to advertise this giveaway on your own blog, go right ahead, the more the merrier!

The contest is open until Sunday, July 24, 2011 at midnight your local time.!

Good luck and enjoy!
Heather

87 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful collection of books and fabrics. A Jo Morton fan (and newbie) should be thrilled with this package. Please exclude me from the draw - I won the last one and would like to see someone else 'jump up and down'.

Deborah in Atlanta said...

Happy Anniversary. I'm fairly new to quilting, and I'm not familiar with Jo Morton, but would love this wonderful smattering of items you have selected. Hope you and Prince Charming have a wonderful anniversary celebration.

Kigwit said...

Happy Anniversary. At first I thought it was your blog anniversary! I haven't seen that Jo Morton book before.

Sallie said...

Happy anniversary! Thanks for the wonderful giveaway!

quiltercaroline said...

Hi. I love Jo Morton, in fact I am just working on a quilt for my parents using Jo's fabric. Her books aren't very easy to get hold of over here in the UK so I would love to get my eager little hands on it. Congratulations on your anniversary - wishing you many many happy years to come. Thank you Caroline

Charlene S said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Darling. Please enter me in your giveaway.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
SUCH A NEAT GIVEAWAY!
THANKS FOR SHARING!

jldouglas@wispwest.net

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

I would love to be entered to win. I don't have any fabrics like that currently. :)

Happy anniversary.

zucchinisummer at gmail DOT com

arlette said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your Prince Charming!!!!!!! wish you many, many years of happiness more!!!!
Thank you for sharing with us thru this giveaway

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great collection of Jo Morton craftiness to be giving away. Thanks for the opportunity to enter your giveaway :)

Lee said...

Wishing you a great Anniversary! Thank you for a lovely giveaway - I have enjoyed reading your blog!
butler83ataoldotcom

Christine M said...

Happy anniversary to you Heather and your Prince Charming! Are you doing anything special to celebrate? What a lovely giveaway. I love the fabrics you have chosen. Thanks for the chance.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Prince Charming : ). And thanks for the chance to win some great toys! VermontPines@aol.com

Monique said...

Happy, happy anniversary to you both! I love Jo Morton and would love to enter your giveaway. Thanks so much!

Robyn of Robyns Nest said...

Wow what a great give-away. I love Jo Morton & I'd love to win all of the goodies. And I'm especially excited as Jo Morton is coming to Australia in September, she's attending a quilt show which happens annually to raise money for breast cancer. There's also a quilt that's raffled to raise money too & this year it's made using Jo morton fabric.

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Congrats! You are blessed!

Marcia W. said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on your married happiness. Please enter me into your Jo Morton drawing. Like her quilts. Thanks for celebrating with your readers.

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing the bliss with this lovely giveaway. Those FQ's are gorgeous.

wordygirl at earthlink dot net

Bev C said...

Hello Heather,

Congratulations on your Anniversary,I hope you have a great year. Thank you for the chance to win a fabulous book and material.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Hope you have many more happy years!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I love the 13th! I've not done Jo Morton before, but, I have a friend that does everything Jo Morton. This would be fun, since she could make sure I do it correctly. Thanks for the giveaway!

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember the day and how beautiful you looked (and how hot it was!!!!).
I would love to be entered into your draw - I'm quickly falling in love with Jo Morton fabric!

Louise said...

Happy Anniversary, and thank you for celebrating it with a give-away!
The book & magazine look so interesting and the fabric is gorgeous. Jo Morton is one of my favorite designers.

paulette said...

Happy Anniversary!! Please count me in...love Jo's fabrics/patterns and books!! What a wonderful give away!
P

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Happy Anniversary :-).
What a lovely and generous give away. I am happy to write, that of course I a m follower. You have such a great blog. Like the ladies before me ;-) I too would love to be one of the lucky winners.

Leah said...

Happy Anniversary. What a wonderful and generous collection of items.

Quilts, Etc said...

Happy Anniversay! OMG I can't believe you are including Jo's Collecting Baskets. That's one I don't have so I MUST win this time! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Michele T said...

It's great to find another Canadian blogger!! I have signed up to follow your blog and look forward to future posts. Wow! You have chosen some sweet prizes for your giveaway!! Thanks for the chance!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Anniversary! Mine is today :-) Thanks for the GREAT giveaway. Love Jo Morton.

Diane said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm new to Jo Morton but I'm loving what I see :) Thanks for the chance.

robin said...

Happy Anniversary! And great giveaway - thanks for the chance!

Anne said...

Happy Anniversary. I wish you and your prince many more years of wedded bliss! Thanks for hosting this wonderful giveaway. I am not yet familiar with Jo Morton, but I love those fat quarters. I wasn't aware that Canadian fat quarters were a bit larger. Have a great week!

Heartsdesire said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Prince Charming. The number 13 has always been lucky for me. Looks like it's the same for you. Love the Jo Morton goodies. Thanks for the chance to win.

Average Quilter said...

Happy Anniversary. What a fun giveaway - I would love to have it all. Thanks for the chance
http://averagequilter.blogspot.com/

Daisy said...

Many congratulations for those 9 years.
Please add my name to the draw.
Thanks for the opportunity, the gift is precious.

regards

Christie said...

What a way to celebrate your 9th anniversary! Can't wait until your 10th!!!! Just wait until it's your 35th - make Prince Charming take you to Hawaii like I had my hubs do this year! I feel very fortunate to live only 20 miles from Jo and she is a member of the same quilt guild. I just was so fortunate to attend her Sewing at the Orchard retreat here in June - what a fantasic time! Thanks bunches! HUGS... and stitches

Ariane said...

Happy Anniversary! I just love Jo Morton fabrics and patterns. Thanks for the wonderful giveaway.

Mom C said...

Congratulations. And many more. And many more happy quilting days too. Thanks.

Hilachas said...

What a generous giveaway. Thank you for the opportunity to win these interesting books and the lovely fabric.

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary!! My prince charming and I are about to celebrate our 45th.

Catskill Quilter said...

Happy anniversary! You have put together such a lovely giveaway! I can tell it took lots of thought and consideration!

Becky said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations! My wonderful hubby and I celebrated 24 wonderful years just this past month. I love all things Jo Morton. Great giveaway!

kathy osterby said...

I am just starting to collect CW fabrics and would love to win your give-a-way! I made my first in that type fabrics in my SEWING MACHINE 1895 print quilt. I'm HOOKED now. Also congrats on your anniversary! I hope you make it as long as I did--48 years!

WoolenSails said...

A very Happy Anniversary to the both of you!
We celebrated our 36th this June, so I hope that you and your husband have as many and more.

Debbie

tpott said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Your both very lucky to have found each other. Great giveaway LOVE Jo Morton, fantastic article, in that magazine. Good luck everyone!!! ;>

Jen said...

Happy anniversary! I am new to Jo Morton. I can see how parting with the basket book would be hard! I give you kudos for that! I know that Jo Morton has a huge following and I would love to check her out. I like her style. Thanks for the giveaway!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Happy Anniversary! I really like Jo Morton, great fabrics and book!

ElfRenee said...

Very nice, I love those colors!

Doina said...

Happy Anniversary! Great giveaway! Please count me in! I am a follower and put your giveaway on my sidebar.

Deb said...

Happy Anniversary! What a bunch of great gifts! Please enter me.

LethargicLass said...

Happy Anniversary :) I love how enthused you are about the giveaway :)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Another wonderful and generous giveaway! And I don't have that Jo book - so of course I've got to put my name in for a try!

Janet said...

How nice to have a giveaway to celebrate your anniversary. Hope it was a lovely day for your and your hubby.

Merilyn said...

Happy Anniversary Heather!!! And what a lovely giveaway! I'll throw my name into the hat too....
I hope you both have some lovely celebrations!!!

Kathleen C said...

What a lovely prize for your giveaway! I've always liked Jo Morton and her patterns; the fabrics you've selected are great.
Happy Anniversary; your happiness comes through to your readers, too.

Vivian said...

This is one sweet giveaway, Heather. I'd be thrilled to be the winner, and I'm guessing you'll have many more entries before long. Jo Morton is too tempting to ignore.
Many congrat's on your anniversary!

AmyJo said...

Happy Anniversary! Please count me in :) I just love Jo Morton's fabric and patterns.

PatchworkRose said...

Happy Happy Anniversary with many more wonderful years ahead. I am a fan of Jo Morton. Love the fabrics in your giveaway. Do not have them.
Thankyou for sharing.
Cheers
Lynne

Lee Prairie Designs said...

A special day for you two---indeed!!! We have been able to celebrate 47 years together and everyday is a blessing.

I adore Jo Morton lovely collection of books and fabrics. I have some of her fabrics but none of her books. I would love to be included in your " Anniversary Celebration!"

Thanks for sharing your "Special Day" with a giveaway. Keeping my fingers xxxxxxxxxx!

:) Carolyn

Appalachian Mercantile said...

Happy Anniversary! (I don't need to be entered into the giveaway...just wanted to wish you a happy one!)

Blessings

Darlene said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! When you're married to your Prince Charming anniversaries are so much fun. Wishing you and your Prince many, many more years of wedded bliss. :-)

Me and My Stitches said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I just received a big bag of mostly Jo scraps from a friend. I love all of her fabrics - and the pattern on the cover of the magazine is on my bucket list!

Jayne Honnold said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. We recently celebrated ours, too, (June30) but it was 32 years! We're oldies!!

So thoughtful of you to have a giveway! Thanks!

clzeman said...

Happy Anniverary! Love the fabric! Thanks for the chance to win a wonderful giveaway!

yenni said...

happy anniversary, Heather..^^thank you for these lovely giveaway..

suemluvsquilts said...

Happy Anniversary Heather!
I'm new to your blog, but so glad I found it.Thank you for the chance to poss win your fantastic giveaway.I love everything 'Jo' and think you're being incredibly generous.
Enjoy your celebrations!

Amanda said...

It's gorgeous - thanks so much for the giveaway!!

Anonymous said...

I just love good books! Happy Anniversary!

J Barham said...

Happy Anniversary! And may you have many more. Thanks for the giveaway. You have put together an awesome one! Love Jo Morton, too.

Joyce Barham

Judee said...

OK, another Happy Anniversary here. With wishes for many more. I would love to win these pretty prizes.

heather said...

Well a belated Happy Anniversary and a big thank you for another fun and generous giveaway....I have been wanting to try some of Jo Morton's and this would be perfect!

And I love the red mixer! Mine is black but my kitchen walls are red!

MJ said...

Great giveaway!! Thank you and Happy Anniversary!!

Kathy MacKie said...

Happy Anniversary. I'm not familiar with Jo Morton so this would be a great giveaway to win. Thanks

hueisei said...

Thank you for the generous giveaway!!! Happy Anniversary!!
I am new follower to your blog :D

corina said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your celebration with us!

Wendz said...

Happy Anniversary! I have nothing of Jo Morton and ever since I found your blog I've salivated over both her stuff and your quilting. Courthouse steps is a pattern on my to-do-list and as my family all have quilts I'm now enjoying doing mini's too. To win would be a real treat. Thank you for the chance.

Shelina said...

Happy Anniversary. You have chosen such wonderful collection of prizes - I am drooling over them already!

Petit Design Co. said...

Thanks for linking up @ Quiltygiveaways.blogspot.com

I just wanted to let you know that you are already on the list at #34 so I deleted your other entry.

Carol said...

Happy Anniversary to you! What a great collection of goodies. Thanks for the chance to win! quiltexas@gmail.com

Michelle said...

Happy Anniverary!! Love the giveaway. Thanks so much for the opportunity to win. Happy Blogging!

Bridget B said...

Happy Anniversary and thanks for a giveaway. Love the fabric.

Cat said...

Happy Anniversary. Thanks for the opportunity to not only increase my stash, but become more familiar with Jo Morton.

Linda Crosby said...

Happy Anniversary!! I haven't seen a Joe Morton before but would just love to get my little hands on it. thanks for the chance to win

LisaT said...

Happy Anniversary! We just had our 10th, it's hard to imagine, but time flies when your in love yes? This is a neat giveaway, thanks so much. I had never been a fan of pieced baskets, not sure why, Im thinking because it's missing the gorgeous flowers which I love. The appliqued baskets complete with floral arrangement might be fun, thanks!

Mary L. said...

Happy Anniversary. Who wouldn't love receiving Jo Morton goodies? Thanks for the opportunity.

PGBunny said...

All the best for your anniversary from one Albertan to another. I am new to the blogging world and I was excited to see a made in Alberta blog.

Kim Reid said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary!!
I'd love to enter your wonderful giveaway :)
Thanks!
kimberlybreid at hotmail dot com