Hooray! My birthday and One Flower Wednesday! I threw everyone out of the house today, which wasn't hard since Mr. Confessions is working and Little Miss is at the day home down the street. Either way, it's QUIET here! Wow! AND I actually had time to get a few things done around the house not pertaining to cleaning including this lovely little flower for this special day!
Now, since it IS my birthday, and I know how fun it is to give and receive gifts, I thought it would be a fabulous time to have a give-away! The prize-pack for my birthday contest will be all English Paper Piecing related - after all it IS One Flower Wednesday!
The gift is a set of 100 1/2" die cut hexagon papers, a set of 100 1" die cut hexagon papers, and a gorgeous book called, "Quilts from Grandmother's Garden". It is a fabulous collection of not-your-everyday ideas for using hexagons to make quilts. It has a section of complete instructions and everything is full colour.
Contest is now closed.
For a chance to win, all you have to do is leave a comment on this post. I like to keep my give-aways simple, so there's no extra steps or rules, just a comment. If you want to become a follower or blog about this give-away on your own blog, you are most welcome to, but these are not requirements to enter. However, you must be sure to leave a method to contact you. If you do not have your Blogger preferences set to "share", check your settings and do so now. This allows bog owners to email you when you leave a comment. If I cannot contact you, you will forfeit the prize.
Happy One Flower Wednesday! Happy Birthday to me! And good luck everyone!
Heather
>>(Oh, and check out the quick applique tutorial below!)<<
51 comments:
Happy Birthday .Lovely flower for your garden. Love to win your giveaway. Fabulous prize. Hugs,
Happy Birthday to YOU!!! May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live!
Happy Birthday!! What a lovely giveaway. I would join One Flower Wednesday if I won.
Happy birthday! Love the hexie!
I'm so glad you had a peaceful birthday. This world is much too hectic!! Your flower is lovely and your giveaway -- what can I say except I want to win:) I am part of one flower Wednesday and would love to own that book!
Happy Birthday! What a wonderful and exciting giveaway. Count me in and thanks for the opportunity to win these fabulous prizes.
wishing you the happiest of birthdays Heather~!!~
:-)
libbyQ
Happy Birthday Heather!!!!
I like how you spent the day and look how pretty your Happy Birthday flower is.
Happy, happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! It's my Mom's birthday today too.
Happy Birthday! I've been eyeing those hexies and dying to start a quilt with them. That book would make a great start!
Your flower is too cute. Happy Birthday and thanks for the chance to win...looks like an awesome book. Very interesting foil applique technique too. I've never seen that before.
Happy Birthday Girlfriend!! I owe you a SB's :)
Happy Birthday Heather, you share it with my little rescue cat 'Miss Mini', she celebrated it by having to go to the vet for her annual vaccination!!! Glad your birthday activities were not quite as scary or painful LOL!!! I am waiting patiently for a little package of hexie templates I ordered to arrive very soon. The book you are giving away looks to be wonderful, so I will put my hat into the ring as well try my luck!!! Glad you had such a nice birthday, what could be better than sewing in blissful tranquility all day!!!
Happy birthday to you, all my best wishes for you!! Your special flower is lovely!
What a wonderful giveaway you have! The one who gets it, will be so happy!!!
Happy Birthday. I hope you had a lovely day and were spoilt. Thank you for the giveaway, I have been looking for this book with no luck, maybe I'll be lucky. Best wishes C
carolinehemsley@btinternet.com
Happy happy birthday. Very cute flowers.
Happy belated birthday!! I am behind on my reading and just discovered that I'm a day late and a dollar short. Hope it was wonderful. Love your hexie flower!! And thanks for the opportunity to enter your giveaway.
First of all belated happy birthday! What a nice flower, very pretty. March 6th is my husband's birthday, what a great gift your giveaway would be. ha ha. I would love it though.
Happy birthday Heather. How nice of you to offer this give away on your birtday week. I would love to win this. I have started my first english paper piecing project and it makes a wonderful travel project.
Thanks again.
Barb
egamoney@gmail.com
Happy Birthday! I wish you a full bobbin always!
A one-day-late happy birthday to you, Heather! I think a day alone for sewing sounds like the perfect birthday gift. Good for you. Maybe you could put a a little stitched date on that hexie flower, to remember this occasion.
I'm already a follower and subscriber to your blog, so thanks for the chance to win your giveaway! To be honest, if I win, I'll begin making EPP hexies for the first time... and I've been successfully resisting for months now!
Happy Day After Birthday Heather... Hum, you share your birthday with Dr. Seuss. Do you feel some green eggs and ham coming on?
Your hexie looks lovely. I've got a batch but I haven't started anything with them. I really want to do some the way Kathy T. did in her Civil War Book. Along with the orange peel in Remembering Adelia. Sigh. I'd love to win so throw my hat in the ring.
For your birthday I am sending you a glorious imaginary large bouquet of white and lavender lilacs. I hope your day was extra special.
Happy Birthday!! I'm a day late, but hope you had a wonderful birthday. Great give away, thanks for thinking of us followers. Hope all is well in your world and the weather improves soon.
Happy Birthday week! Hope you're still celebrating. My son will celebrate his 22nd birthday Saturday. March babies are special!
Love the prizes you're giving away. I am currently piecing together an already partially completed hex quilt I purchased for a dollar at a garage sale. So much fun!
Happy Birthday! What a great gift you are giving away. I would love this book!
Oh I love my hexies!! They are so fun to take and make.. this would be a wonderful treat! Fingers crossed.. I've never made them this small... excited.. anticipation.. whoohooo pick me!
Happy Birthday!Thanks for a chance to win.
I found you through Stray Stitches- I'm a hexie addict, too!!! I'm going to have to start following your blog because of the beautiful hexie flowers... :) Happy birthday! And thanks for sharing and the giveaway chance.
Happy B-day. I love hexagons, thanks for a chance to win.
Many happy returns. Stray Stitches sent me over. I just completed my first ever flower this week. The last two years at the Paducah AQS show I picked up the samples from Paper Pieces to do one flower and I finally did one. I liked it!
Happy Birthday :)
I will love to win the great prizes. Thank you for the chance
Marta
Happy Birthday! I love english paper piecing. I should do it more... the flower Wednesday thing is a great idea, I've seen a few people doing that... perhaps I should do that as well. Might get more quilting done... cause I can do one flower! :) Hope you enjoy your birthday weekend.
Happy, happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuu, hope you had a blast and wish you many more to come!!!!!
Thank you so much for the giveaway, I'm babbling @ it, I'd love to win <3
Happy, happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuu, hope you had a blast and wish you many more to come!!!!!
Thank you so much for the giveaway, I'm babbling @ it, I'd love to win <3conize
Thankyou for the giveaway. and Happy birthday.
Have a wonderful birthday! Thanks for sharing some great stuff on your special day.
Happy birthday Heather. I hope you had a lovely day. The quilt on the cover of the book is beautiful. When I think of hexagon quilts, I never think of them with applique!
Happy birthday. I am a keen hexaculturalist and would love to win the papers and book.
Happy Birthday! I've been wanting to make hexies, but didn't have anything in mind exactly to use them for. So this would be an excellent way to do it - I'd love to win your giveaway. Thanks! dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com
I would love to win this. Just got started on hexies a month or so ago and am addicted now! Thanks for the giveaway!
Happy Birthday. Thank you for a great prize.
Happy birthday! What a great prize - I have been tempted with all the one flower Wednesdays I have seen.
Wow great prize! I love making hexies and I'd love to win this giveaway. Oh and a very happy birthday to you.
Happy Birthday! Would love to win your giveaway. I haven't started any hexagons yet, but have found a pattern I want to start.
mdghall@clearwire.net
Happy Birthday.I love hexies. Love to win. Thank you for the giveaway. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Happy Birthday to you! I hope you enjoyed your special day. Thanks you for the lovely giveaway. I haven't tried hexies yet.
Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your special day. My birthday is on the 12th and I plan to quilt all day.
Happy Birthday to you! Lovely giveaway - Thanks for a chance to win! :)
Happy Birthday - we are watching spring flowers begin to show in our area too. I've just begun with hexies and cutting my own papers gives me blisters. Would enjoy winning some real papers and the book. Thanks for celebrating with your readers. Have a wonderful b'day month.
Post a Comment